Brexit Meaningful Vote: Part two (December 2018)
To ensure as many constituents as possible get the opportunity to meet Darren and discuss Brexit prior to the Meaningful Vote in Parliament, Darren hosted a second Brexit Briefing event on Saturday 8th December from 4.30 to 6pm at Upper Horfield Community Trust. This event included a presentation on the Prime Minister’s proposals for how the UK should leave the EU, what happens during transition and what the future relationship should be (including the normal open floor Q&A).
Due to high demand, this event was quickly fully booked. But we organised a live Facebook screening and posted the full video soon after the event.
- Brexit Meaningful Vote Briefing – Public Meeting – SOLD OUT;
- Brexit Meaningful Vote Briefing – Live Broadcast – Held on Facebook on 8th December 2018.
- Brexit Meaningful Vote Briefing – Full video, PowerPoint and Highlights Q and A – CLICK HERE
Darren also advertised a post-Meaningful Vote Facebook Live on Wednesday 12th December at 7.30pm: Please note, this was postponed following the Prime Minister’s unexpected decision to delay the Meaningful Vote.
Please remember that Darren will be posting regular updates and interactive polls on his Powered by You mobile app. If you haven’t signed up, please visit www.poweredbyyou.org.uk
Brexit Meaningful Vote: How to take part – part one (Oct and Nov 2018):
At the end of October, or early November, Darren will need to vote for or against the Prime Minister’s plan for the UKs future relationship with the EU.
You can let Darren know what you think by completing his Brexit Survey by clicking here.
Pre-Brexit Briefing Events
This will be one of the most important votes Darren will make as your MP, so he’s keen to hear from you.
On Friday 26th and Saturday 27th October, Darren will host a series of Pre-Brexit Briefing Events to update you on the latest news from Westminster and what the vote is and what it’ll mean. He wants to hear from you, and answer any questions you might have.
Due to venue capacity, these events are on a first come first served basis. But a waiting list will be used for any last minute cancellations.
You need to RSVP to secure a place at one of these events, using the following links:
- Online on Facebook Live – Wednesday 24th October from 7:30PM until 8:30PM
- The Eastfield Inn, Henleaze – Friday 26th October from 6PM until 7PM
- Shirehampton Public Hall – Saturday 27th October from 10AM until 11AM
- Henbury & Brentry Community Centre – Saturday 27th October from 2PM until 3PM
- The Hub, Lockleaze – Saturday 27th October from 4:30PM until 5:30PM
If you’re unable to make any of these times, you can sign up to Darren’s e-mail updates at www.darren-jones.co.uk/sign-up
Brexit Vote Live Polling
To take part in live polling on the Brexit Vote as it happens, download the new Powered by You app by registering at www.poweredbyyou.org.uk